Florida 300 Sailors and potential Sailors
We need your attention, support and a show of intent to race. Fees are set to pay SSPUSA costs and can be altered based on numbers registering, if numbers grow. Currently racing registration fee will jump from $400 -$600 for boats registered after February 28, 2018, as planned for a 10-boat budget. We always provide for sailors 21 or under a reduced rate. Without your registration cancelation of this year’s race is a possibility. Our Notice of Race allows skippers to preserve a rate of $400, by making a $200 deposit. Please register soon, so we can continue to plan.
Register now at SailSeriesPromotionsUSA.com
Use “Florida 300”, when calling hotels for reservations at the special rate.
We are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel of sites for the 2018 Florida 300. New city/county sites require concern on our part for their conservation issues, turtle nesting and their accommodating understanding our needs. We have traveled, emailed and text messaged and discussed all issues with proper authorities. We expect approval for boats on all beaches over night. Each city/county has their own issues and processes for issuing permits, all of which must be addressed. Each requires a commitment agreement and rates from hotels/resorts that will provide our overnight parking and everyone’s room support.
As of right now, our schedule remains:
Shown are dates for arrival and start dates and times at each location.
Sun. -Mon. May 6-7 Prepare boats for Start. Stay at the Sea Spray Inn rates $125++. You should plan to arrive with boat and trailer ONLY on Sunday may 6th, due to conditions for parking. You may arrive with reservation on Saturday, May 5th, or 6th, at same rate, but may need to park your boat at another location Saturday night. Reserve early. New wrinkles in place there for parking and beach access. Ph: 844 558 6488.
- Tuesday May 8 10:00 start at Palm Beach Shores, beachside at the Sea Spray Inn.
- Tue. –May 8 Afternoon arrival (72 St. miles) at Vero Beach at South Beach Park; Stay South Beach Place (Ph: 772 231 5366). Or another Sea Spay Inn (Ph: 772 231 5210) at Vero Beach, rates: $99 – $100, for either.
- Wednesday May 9th 10:00 start at South Beach Park.
- Wed. May 9 Afternoon arrival at Cocoa Beach, (55 St. Miles); Stay at International Palms Resort, rate $89++, Ph: 321 392 1639) (Possible pay as you go Rib Meal at $15, pay at registration)
- Thursday May 10 10:00 Start at Cocoa beach;
- Thu, May 10 Afternoon arrival at Daytona Beach, (Distance 72 Miles) at Ocean deck Restaurant; Stay at Roomba Inn, rates at $89-$90 ++. Ph: 386 253 0668. Boats will be left on beach with conditions to be briefed to all.
- Friday May 11 10:00 Start beach side at Daytona Beach at the Ocean Deck restaurant.
- Fri. May 11 Afternoon arrival (distance 54 St. miles) at St Augustine Beach, stay at the Holiday Isle Resort*, rates: $135++. Ph: 904 471 2555. Boats will be left on beach with conditions to be briefed to all.
- Saturday May 12 10:00 start at St Augustine Beach at the Holiday Isle Resort*.
- Saturday May 12th Afternoon race finish at Sliders restaurant, (Distance for day 47 Statute miles) (same as prior year Tybee 500 stop). Boats need to be removed to trailers soon after arrival. (Awards Event ASAP for all boats. May order your own Meal or possible Race setup event at added cost) Stay as you wish at ——- Hotel, rates near $200, or leave for another hotel along your way home. There will be a party time at Sliders.
- Start times can change due to weather conditions, but will be noticed in adequate time.
- The Holiday isle Hotel in St Augustine, will be changing name to the “Guy Harvey Resort”, and is being renovated, and done before our arrival. A grand opening will take place on the weekend we are there. Guy Harvey will be there.